Here is one of my favorite recipes for the summer! It’s yummy and healthy!
About 500 gr of penne pasta
Approx. 12 cauliflower florets
1/4 cup of olive oil
3 minced garlic cloves
About 1 cup of hot penne pasta water
7 sliced green olives
7 sliced black olives
2 tablespoons of chopped capers
Pinch of salt & pepper to taste
Extra Olive Oil for finishing
Juice from 1/2 a lemon
1 cup Melted Graviera Cheese
1. Cook your pasta according to directions. Add salt to water as water is boiling.
2. Use a potato peeler to make the cauliflower into thin slices and put them to the side.
3. In a large skillet on your stove-top place olive oil and garlic over medium heat and keep it there for a couple of minutes.
4. Add the hot water and cauliflower to the skillet. Cover the skillet & allow the cauliflower to steam for 3 minuets.
5. Uncover the skillet and add the olives and capers. Then reduce for 3-4 minuets or until the water has evaporated.
6. Add your cooked penne to the skillet and mix. Add your lemon juice and toss.
7. Divide into plates and enjoy!